• If you are looking for a VPN this is the one we recommend MaxSecVPN.com as they have the BEST PRICE I have found and also the best quality.
  • QSG is currently looking for forum local moderators. Meaning you would pick a forum on the website and you would only be able to moderate that forum. This comes with making sure people are following the rules and being respectful. You are also responsible for promoting your forum. Please fill out an application here.

Cyberpunk 2 May Have Grander Branching Storylines Based on Players' Starting Life Path

Cyberpunk 2, codenamed Orion, may feature grander branching storylines determined by the player's starting life path, which were Street Kid, Corpo, and Nomad in Cyberpunk 2077.

Speaking on the
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, CD Projekt Red narrative director Philipp Weber said the Life Paths' lack of influence in the majority of Cyberpunk 2077 is something the studio wants to improve in future titles. While Weber is currently working on
, codenamed Polaris, Cyberpunk's sequel is currently in the conceptual stages of development too.

"I do think there are things with, for example, the life paths, that kind of gives you a promise as being able to play more different kinds of characters," Weber said. "I think this is a thing where, in the future, that's as an example something we would like to improve. Since I do think we gave a promise there that maybe in the end we did not really sell."

Cyberpunk 2077's opening changes depending on which life path is chosen, but within an hour the three essentially merge into the one main story. While it does have various branching paths and different choices of its own, the influence of life paths is subsequently limited to occasional additional dialogue options.

"The game begins with this very specific thing, you can be a Nomad, a Corpo, a Street Kid, but then it sometimes goes away a little bit. We move it all together. Then sometimes you can do it," Weber said. "As a quest designer, I think in retrospect we can see the old topic, given more experience, given more time, I think maybe we would make it a bit less muddled than we did it there."

The lead quest designer on Polaris, Błażej Augustynek, who also worked on Cyberpunk 2077, said the starting life path isn't too important to the game's main story though. "I think with the lifepaths, it's the life that you leave as V," he said.

"So whatever you used to do, there's a clear moment where it all crumbles, right? And you start a new life with Jackie. Obviously we would like it to matter more, but I think the way it plays our right now, it's like you come from a certain kind of life. And that life has ended. It's in the past and now you're living this new life which, ends, spoilers, in the prologue, and then you have to deal with the consequences of that."

Little is known about Cyberpunk's sequel as
. The original
, so attention will be turning more towards its sequel at CD Projekt Red.

The developer told IGN in November
, which saw the game
, and has already
as a result. It was this rocky start that led CD Projekt Red to work on Cyberpunk 2077 for three years, as
and regain the trust of players.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

• We value your privacy

We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.

See further information and configure your preferences

These cookies are required to enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may not reject these.
    We deliver enhanced functionality for your browsing experience by setting these cookies. If you reject them, enhanced functionality will be unavailable.
    Cookies set by third parties may be required to power functionality in conjunction with various service providers for security, analytics, performance or advertising purposes.