• If you are looking for a VPN this is the one we recommend MaxSecVPN.com as they have the BEST PRICE I have found and also the best quality.
  • QSG is currently looking for forum local moderators. Meaning you would pick a forum on the website and you would only be able to moderate that forum. This comes with making sure people are following the rules and being respectful. You are also responsible for promoting your forum. Please fill out an application here.

Helldivers 2 Director Calls Renewed Interest in Starship Troopers After Game Success 'Incredible'

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
director Johan Pilestedt has commented on the "incredible" impact the squad-based shooter has seemingly had on the viewership of the 1997 sci-fi action film Starship Troopers.

Pilestedt shared a post on
showing that Starship Troopers rose through the ranks from 109 to 45 as the "most popular movie online" (ranked by engagement score) as of February 17. The statistics provided are courtesy of
, a website that tracks data and shares performance metrics for various titles.

This is incredible!

— Pilestedt (@Pilestedt)

Helldivers 2 became
and quickly surpassed God of War to become
on Steam. It also immediately
, the 1959 novel of the same name and 1997 Paul Verhoeven film adaptation, for its patriotic pageantry and alien bugs.

As a result, Helldivers 2 and Starship Troopers have been hot topics on social media over the past week or so, with many finding Starship Troopers again (or even for the first time) and giving credit to Helldivers 2 for reigniting the discourse around the movie, causing both titles to feature in the trending lists on X/Twitter.

Starship Troopers and Helldivers 2 both trending at the same time.
😁👌

— FF ADDICT (@Dasmesee1)
Watching Starship Troopers tonight in honor of Helldivers 2.

I highly recommend the 4k UHD, it looks great!

— gameboyTV (@gameboyTTV)
I am seeing a lot of love for Starship Troopers lately. I love it. Should probably thank Helldivers 2 for that xD

— Raion (Cheap Comms open! 1/3 slots!) (@MattWilliamson9)
This starship troopers discourse is wild and I’ve been enjoying Helldivers (when I can actually get a game) so I rebought the film and watched it this afternoon.

Man it holds up, the sets and cgi blows so much of todays movies out of the water.

— Marius Gage (@ForMacragge)
Always love seeing a STARSHIP TROOPERS ressurgence in my timeline ;p

thank you, Helldivers. I love the art style of the game from what I've seen

— Mike 🌴🌊 (@MikearoniGrill)
The success of Helldivers 2 might give us a new Starship Troopers movie!

— Dennis N (@DennisN)
I love the fact that Helldivers 2 has lit up my timeline with a bunch of Starship Troopers references 😭🙌

— Brandon 🍜 (@daxbornn)

Verhoeven's adaptation of Robert Heinlein's jingoistic outer space war epic faced critical backlash upon its release in 1997, but
in the years that followed as audiences came to realise it was
about space marines fighting space insects.

It seems like a lot of people are opting to watch Starship Troopers during their downtime from Helldivers 2, as players are struggling to get online to play the game due to
(
). The developers have asserted they are working around the clock to solve these problems.

In our
we said its "combat feels fantastic, its missions stay fresh and interesting, and its smart progression system doesn't nickel and dime you."

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance entertainment writer for IGN. You can follow her on X/Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread

• We value your privacy

We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.

See further information and configure your preferences

These cookies are required to enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may not reject these.
    We deliver enhanced functionality for your browsing experience by setting these cookies. If you reject them, enhanced functionality will be unavailable.
    Cookies set by third parties may be required to power functionality in conjunction with various service providers for security, analytics, performance or advertising purposes.