• If you are looking for a VPN this is the one we recommend MaxSecVPN.com as they have the BEST PRICE I have found and also the best quality.
  • QSG is currently looking for forum local moderators. Meaning you would pick a forum on the website and you would only be able to moderate that forum. This comes with making sure people are following the rules and being respectful. You are also responsible for promoting your forum. Please fill out an application here.

Mother 3 Confirmed for Nintendo Switch Online — but Only in Japan

Mother 3 is coming to Nintendo Switch Online, but only in Japan.

Nintendo confirmed the news in the Japanese version of today's
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. Mother 3 was not mentioned in the Western Nintendo Directs.

is one of the most hotly desired RPGs ever, having never received an official translation in North America despite the cult popularity of its predecessor, Earthbound. Rumors of an official localization persisted for years, with Nintendo
in which former Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime blows up a journalist asking about the release.

Last year,
, series creator Shigesato Itoi finally opened up about the release of the long-desired sequel, saying he would "love for people in the U.S. to play Mother 3."

"I've talked about it with Nintendo before," Itoi said. "Apparently they were presented with the offer to use the translation, but they said it wasn't quite as simple as that. I think it'd be really interesting if they took up the offer. It'd be hard to make something like, say, an automobile with fans. But doing it with software, I believe there'd be a chance to make something that would be better than what the company could have made on their own.

"Usually, when I'm done with something, I'm done with it for good. You can't give up on projects you are in the middle of, but when you put an end to something, it's best to just leave it alone. The older you get, the more stories there are for you."

The first two Mother games are available on Nintendo Switch Online in the West in officially translated form. Mother’s English translation version is called EarthBound Beginnings, and Mother 2’s is called EarthBound. Former Nintendo president Reggie Fils-Aimé has said

Catch up on
to find out more of what's coming to Nintendo Switch.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at [email protected] or confidentially at [email protected].

Users who are viewing this thread

• We value your privacy

We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.

See further information and configure your preferences

These cookies are required to enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may not reject these.
    We deliver enhanced functionality for your browsing experience by setting these cookies. If you reject them, enhanced functionality will be unavailable.
    Cookies set by third parties may be required to power functionality in conjunction with various service providers for security, analytics, performance or advertising purposes.