• If you are looking for a VPN this is the one we recommend MaxSecVPN.com as they have the BEST PRICE I have found and also the best quality.
  • QSG is currently looking for forum local moderators. Meaning you would pick a forum on the website and you would only be able to moderate that forum. This comes with making sure people are following the rules and being respectful. You are also responsible for promoting your forum. Please fill out an application here.

Respawn Hit by 23 Layoffs Amid EA's Ongoing Cuts, With Apex Legends Among the Games Impacted

Around two dozen Respawn employees have been laid off, part of a series of ongoing cuts at EA that will
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
apex-legends-season-20-skin-1707853473742.jpg

Reports of the layoffs began circulating on social media on Thursday, with Apex Legends' social team among the areas impacted. IGN understands that these layoffs are part of the reductions announced in February that will impact around 670 workers. The layoffs are expected to be completed by the end of the month.

EA's reasoning for the layoffs was that it was pivoting away from future licensed IP to its own franchises, making the Apex Legends layoffs somewhat surprising. Nevertheless, IGN understands that EA plans to continue investing in the development of Apex Legends going forward, with a source with knowledge of EA's plans insisting that it's still a "huge priority" for the future.

After 20 Seasons of Apex and 5 years at Respawn nearly to the day, my job has been made redundant and I have been laid off.

Working on this game and supporting this community has truly been the honor of my career and a highlight of my life.
Thank you for everything, legends ❤️

— Alex Ackerman🌙 (@alex_frostwolf)

In addition to the Respawn layoffs, EA has
that is believed to be centered around a Mandalorian character, though work on the next Jedi game, Black Panther, and Iron Man is continuing.
, which was co-founded by Marcus Lehto to work on Battlefield's single-player campaign. EA has been aggressively restructuring since 2023, including

EA's cuts are part of a broader series of layoffs across the games industry that have seen
. We highlighted some of the
in our own reporting, including how they've

Kat Bailey is IGN's News Director as well as co-host of Nintendo Voice Chat. Have a tip? Send her a DM at @the_katbot.

Users who are viewing this thread

• We value your privacy

We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.

See further information and configure your preferences

These cookies are required to enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may not reject these.
    We deliver enhanced functionality for your browsing experience by setting these cookies. If you reject them, enhanced functionality will be unavailable.
    Cookies set by third parties may be required to power functionality in conjunction with various service providers for security, analytics, performance or advertising purposes.